Thursday, May 7, 2009

Whew...


Well, it's just after midnight and my report has been emailed, my rubric posted. It was definitely a learning experience. I can't say I loved it, but I did learn from it and that is definitely what is important. I haven't figured out yet why we (rubric-ers) all struggled with this project in the beginning and then suddenly a light bulb came on. Does that happen a lot, Dr. West?


This was a good project even though I didn't like it. I think it's the rubric I don't like. It intimidated me. But, I learned what one is and how to create one. Which, now that I think about it, I feel like I should have enjoyed this project because I am a policy/rules/criteria kind of person. I have developed so many policies, handbooks and manuals that I it seems like I should have felt more at ease with this project. But I didn't and that's ok because I did learn from it.


That's it. I'm done. I'm going to bed. I cannot believe the semester is over already. It flew by.
This picture is of my babies at prom last Sat. 5/2. Nick is a senior, Alayna is a freshman.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! i have had a horrible run of bad luck in the last couple weeks, sorry i couldnt be more help with my blog....YOUR LOOKS GREAT!!!!

    Good Work!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing! I think it was a learning experience for all of us. Have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have seen the light! If you aren't familiar with rubrics, it is usually very helpful when you get your hands on samples that relate to what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete