Friday, May 1, 2009

Week 3.75: Slow but steady

My progress is moving along, just slowly. It's very difficult to decide which criteria to include in my rubric because there's so many things that seem important and relevant. Right now I'm comparing rubrics with each other to see which areas are used most frequently by others. I've decided to use my rubric to evaluate at least two of my online courses. I haven't decided about the third. I found an etraining module online that I'm considering just to have something different.

This weekend is prom and both of my kids are going. I have to to cart girls around for updos and manicures in the morning, rush home and help my son with his tux after a double header baseball game, rush to pictures, breathe for a few hours, and then work at afterprom all night Sat. night. So I don't foresee much work getting done. Hopefully I'll be energized when I wake up around noon on Sunday. Next week will be crunch time but I think I'll be ok. I do my best work under pressure. I guess I'm one of those who performs better when a deadline is knocking on my door. Let's hope it hold true in the next few days!

2 comments:

  1. Krista,
    From your reading your previous work, I have no qualms that you will succeed! I started writing my rubric today using Rubistar; what fun! What I did was list all the criteria from my three chosen rubrics; then went back and deleted based on what I wanted. I think qualifying the grading scale will be the hardest!
    P.S. Will you be posting some prom pictures on the ning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    Yes, I will be posting pictures, hopefully later today or tomorrow. How did you determine which criteria to use in your rubric?

    ReplyDelete