Friday, April 10, 2009

Wk. 1: Getting Started

This has a been a difficult week for me in terms of focusing on school work and I haven't made much progress toward the final project. I had a new experience as a mom and the adjustment was difficult. Both of my kids have been gone this week on a high school band trip to Florida.

I really thought I would enjoy the freedom. The mom's made jokes as the buses rolled out last Sunday, "Woo hoo. They're gone!" But in reality, I've missed them too much to be able to concentrate on school work. The change in my routine was a shock to my system. The daze I'm in has literally made me brainless and illiterate. I've spent more time this week being amazed at how suddenly incompetent I feel than on anything else. AND... being amazed that I'm amazed by it and can't snap out of it. But they come home tomorrow and, hopefully, being once again excrutiatingly overwhelmed with work and homework on top of kids' stuff will help me get back into the groove of things.

I plan to do some intensive research into rubrics and elearning over the weekend while my kids are bothering me for money, homework help and dinner requests, and with the noise of wild teenagers trouncing around my home playing 360 and blasting iTunes. Peace at last. :)

4 comments:

  1. Module 4 really allows you to create something that could be of use in your work or for your portfolio. Sometimes the freedom this gives makes it difficult to get a handle on what you really want to do. Hopefully, the class ning, and being able to see other people's progress will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, you made me smile with your post. We change our whole lives for our kids!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post, Krista! Mine were both sleeping over at a friend's house last week and the silence as I was getting ready for work the next day was deafening! I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself and only myself to get ready...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about getting in a routing, it seems if one thing is missing everything kind of gets crazy. Don't feel bad though, I haven't got much accomplished either yet. With work, school, and trying to find some free time here and there, it's been a tough start. But once we get going, I'm sure we'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete